584-010-0090 Program Completion Fast Track — Field Operation Audit
Summary: Removes reference to OAR 584-036-00082.
Background: Housekeeping. OAR 584-036-0082 was repealed.
Copy of Proposed Rule
Program Completion Fast Track — Field Operation Audit
(1) The Commission will provide a program completion fast-track option to units. The fast-track option will grant an expedited license to completers of Commission-approved programs.
(2) The license will be granted so long as it is evident that all requirements of the license have been met.
(3) For participating units, the Commission will schedule biennial field operation audits of the program completion process of each unit.
(a) The review shall audit five (5) percent of the files of program completers at the unit;
(b) A minimum of fifteen (15) files will be reviewed regardless of the number of program completers recommended by a unit for licensure; and
(c) In the event there are less than fifteen (15) files total, all files will be reviewed.
(4) The audit review team will be composed of Commission staff, including at least one (1) licensure evaluator.
(5) The review shall examine files and documents for each Commission-approved program. These files and documents include:
(a) Documentation of degrees identified on the Program Completion Report, including:
(A) Degree level;
(B) Institution granting degree;
(C) Date degree granted; and
(D) Major, if specified;
(b) Coursework completion date;
(c) Evidence of subject-matter mastery. Preferred documentation is passing scores on subject-matter test(s). In the alternative, completion of alternative assessment process, per OAR 584-052-0031;
(d) Evidence of basic
skills mastery. Preferred documentation is passing scores on one of
Commission-approved basic skills tests. [
In the alternative, completion of
specified coursework, per OAR 584-036-0082];
(e) Evidence of civil rights knowledge. Document is passing score on a Commission-approved test of knowledge of U.S. and Oregon civil rights and professional ethics.
(f) Evidence of fingerprint clearance prior to placement into any practicum experience pursuant to OAR 584-017-0055; and
(g) Basis for recommendation of program completion requirements.
(6) As part of the audit, the review team shall examine the following Commission agency files and documents for randomly chosen audited candidates:
(a) PA1 forms submitted;
(b) Evidence of fingerprint clearance;
(c) Notices of Noncompliance issued to programs;
(d) C1 Educator application forms;
(e) Appropriate test score records;
(g) License issued, based on C-2 request and information; and
(h) Any appropriate correspondence based on licensure.
(7) All results of these audits shall be reported to the Commission by Commission staff at the next regularly scheduled meeting following the unit's audit.
Stat. Auth.: ORS 342
Stats. Implemented: ORS 342.120—342.430; 342.455-342.495 & 342.553
Hist.: TSPC 9-2006, f. & cert. ef. 6-15-06; TSPC 2-2008, f. & cert. ef. 4-15-08; TSPC 10-2010, f. 12-30-10, cert. ef. 1-1-11; TSPC 3-2012, f. & cert. ef. 3-9-12